He was born on March 4, 1942, in Kutaisi. Graduated from Sarajishvili Tbilisi State Conservatory in 1964 (choral conducting), 1976 (composing).
Between 1957 and 1959 he was the head of the choir and folk instrumental ensemble of Kutaisi Silk Complex. Between 1961 and 1975 he was head of the vocal ensemble Gordela, and, from 1970 until 1977, he was director of Tbilisi V Music School. Since 1977 he has been the musical director and principal conductor of the Tbilisi Pioneer Palace, and, since 1984, head of the Music Department of Tbilisi Pushkin Pedagogical Institute.
Chamber-instrumental works – Sonata for Piano (1969), Five Plays for Piano (1970), Impromptu Piano (1970), Prelude and Fugue for Piano (1970), Concert for Three Performers (children’s voice, tenor, bass (1984); chamber-vocal works – Four Novels for Baritone and Piano (1964), Romance for High Voice and Piano(1970), Ave Maria (aria for high voice and piano) (1974); Choral works – Glory No. 1 ‘Eight Hundred’ (for soloists and male choir, a capella) (1966), Glory No. 2 ‘Gurami’ (for a soloist, chorus and symphony orchestra) (1968), Four Guruli Sketches (for an acapella women’s group) (1972), Glory No. 3 ‘Jarji’ (for soloists, chorus and symphony orchestra) (1975); Pop songs – Imeretian Ballad, Guria, Don Quixote Zurikela, Spring; Music for theatre productions, animated films and feature films – Chari-Rama, Share the Cordiality, The Fastest in the World.
1981 – People’s Artist of Georgia;
1972 – Honoured Artist of Georgia;
1969 – Lenin Union of Georgia Award;
1968 – International Student and Youth Festival of Bulgaria (with vocal ensemble Gordela)